Are you preparing to come visit Taitung? Here are a few helpful tips and things to watch out for so you will be prepared for your upcoming trip!

What documents do I need to bring with me?

document icon

Visa Application Form

photo icon

Two 2-inch colored head-shot photos

passport icon

Original and photocopy of passport

fee icon

Proof of financial resources


Itinerary in Taiwan


Copies of your round-trip tickets

Please note the following instructions

  1. Please fill in the Online Application Form on the website, and then print out the bar-coded visa application form and sign it in person for confirmation.
  2. Please provide two 2-inch colored head-shot photos within 6 months. The background should be white.
  3. Your passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months. Bring your original passport with a photocopy. Make sure it has blank pages.
  4. Submit documents showing proof of adequate finances, such as bank deposit certificates.
  5. Your Trip Itinerary (as a proof intention for visiting Taiwan is for tourism).
  6. Submit a round-trip flight/ferry ticket, or a valid flight/ferry ticket from another destination with a valid visa, or an e-ticket or proof of purchase from a travel agency. The flight/ferry ticket should be booked with the departure date of the flight/ship clearly visible.
  7. Depending on the situation of each individual case, extra documents could be requested.
  8. Taiwan Entry Health Declaration Form

Scope of the use

  • Applicable to travelers who plan to stay in Taiwan for less than 6 months duration!
  • No additional permission is required or all activities such as sightseeing, family visits, business, interviews, exhibitions, survey, international exchanges, etc.



Family visits










international exchanges

  • If you want to engage in activities that require permission under the laws of other agencies in Taiwan, you are required to obtain permission by law.
  • To engage in religious activities, you must go through a qualification review process. You must apply for a proper special visa to Taiwan in advance from the office of the Republic of China in your country of origin.

How long can I stay?

Visa Validity Period

  1. The validity period of the visa depends on the reciprocal agreement signed between your country and Taiwan
  2. People from other countries where the reciprocal agreement does not apply, the general visa is valid for 3 months up to 1 year

Duration of stay
14 days / 30 days / 60 days / 90 days

How much is the visa fee?

  1. If your country has signed a reciprocal agreement with Taiwan and has exempted Taiwanese visa fees, your entry to Taiwan is free of charge
  2. For holders of a U.S. passport, the single-stay visa fee is as follows: US$ 160*/NT $ 4,800*; multiple-stay visa fee: US$ 160*/NT$ 4,800*
  3. For holders of a US passport, visa fee for multiple stays for investment reasons: US$ 205*/NT$ 6,150*
  4. Resident visa fees for people from other countries: single stay visa fee: US$ 50*/NT$ 1,600*; multiple stay visa fee: US$ 100*/NT$ 3,200*
  5. *Note: Please pay using the New Taiwan Dollar (NTD) in Taiwan. When overseas, payments are based on the currency announced by the embassy in foreign countries.

List of Visa-Free Countries
Please refer to Foreign Passport Fees Table


Go Taitung! Steps for Entering Taiwan

Step 1

First check if your passport is valid for more than 6 months

Step 2

After confirming the itinerary for traveling to Taiwan, log in to the Bureau of Consular Affairs (MOFA) of the Republic of China, and fill out the online eVisa Application form to complete the procedure

Step 3

Print the eVisa and sign to confirm

Step 4

Prepare 2 recent photos within 6 months and a photocopy of your bank account showing your information and balance

Step 5

Go through immigration at the airport or seaport.

Step 6

Pay relevant documents to the airport and port customs inspection unit

Overdue Stay

  1. Travelers should pay attention to the validity period of the visa to avoid being penalized for overstaying.
  2. For foreign travelers holding a visa, if they need to overstay, please apply to the National Immigration Agency Ministry of the Interior at least 15 days before the expiration date.
  3. If a foreigner holding a residence permit applies for an extension due to dependents, he or she must apply to the National Immigration Agency Ministry of the Interior at least 30 days before the expiry date.

For details, please refer to: Bureau of Consular Affairs, MOFA